You must install the MPU (Master Programming Unit) driver before you can use it to program devices with the MAX+PLUS® II software.
You must have system administration (Administrator) privileges to install the MPU driver.
- Click on the Start menu, choose Settings, and click on Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Hardware icon to start the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard and click Next to continue.
- Select the Add/Troubleshoot a device radio button in the Choose a Hardware Task panel, and click Next to continue. Windows 2000 will search for new Plug and Play hardware (New Hardware Detection window).
- Select Add a new device in the Choose a Hardware Device window, and click Next to continue.
- Select the No, I want to select the hardware from a list radio button in the Find New Hardware window, and click Next to continue.
- Select Sound, video and game controllers in the Hardware Type window, and click Next to continue.
- Select Have Disk ... in the Select a Device Driver window.
- Browse to the win2000.inf file in the \drivers\win2000 directory of your MAX+PLUS II software installation and click OK.
- Click Yes in the Digital Signature Not Found warning dialog box.
- Select Altera Programmer in the Select a Device Driver window, and click Next to continue.
- Click Next after the Start Hardware Installation window displays the hardware being installed. .
- Click Yes at the Digital Signature Not Found warning dialog box.
- Click Finish in the Completing the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard window.
- Reboot the computer.
Complete your installation by setting up programming hardware
Set up programming hardware in the MAX+PLUS II software
The MPU is not supported by the Quartus® II software.
- Set up programming hardware in the MAX+PLUS II software
Solutions for the following errors:Error: Can't find programming hardware or Programming hardware is not installed