The input/output buffer information specification (IBIS) is a device-modeling standard that was developed in 1993 by a consortium of companies from within the electronic design industry. IBIS allows the development of device models that preserve the proprietary nature of integrated circuit device designs, while at the same time providing information-rich models for signal integrity and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) analysis.
Altera® IBIS models support a wide variety of I/O features and cover minimum, typical, and maximum process, voltage, and temperature conditions. Information contained within the IBIS files is for modeling purposes only and is not guaranteed.
Read the instructions on how to use Altera IBIS models in your simulations, or learn more on generating IBIS files with Quartus® Prime software.
Table 1 explains the IBIS File Revision Numbering Convention used in Altera new device IBIS models starting from Cyclone® III and Stratix® III device IBIS models.
Table 1. Altera Device IBIS Models File Revision Numbering Convention
|IBIS File Revisions||Description|
|0.x silicon and file in development
1.x pre-silicon file data from silicon model only
|The models are designated as "Preliminary" and have not been correlated against physical device operation.|
|2.x file correlated to actual silicon measurements||The models are designated as "Correlated" and have been correlated against physical device operation.|
|3.x mature product, no more changes likely||The models are designated as "Final" and have been correlated against physical device operation. There will not be any planned changes to the models.|
Table 2 shows IBIS models for Altera devices.
To download IBIS models, read the licensing terms and conditions and click the IBIS model links in the table below.
Table 2. Altera Device IBIS Models
- Files in this column show the supported IBIS models. Updates to this column will not be reflected on the date listed in the 'Last IBIS Model Update' column. An tag indicates the most recently updated file.
- Files in this column show the resistance, inductance, and capacitance values for different packages. Updates to this column will not be reflected on the date listed in the 'Last IBIS Model Update' column. An tag indicates the most recently updated file.
- These 3 columns are inter-related. In each row, the 'IBIS Model Revision' column shows the IBIS model version contained in the zip file of the 'IBIS Model' column, while the 'Last IBIS Model Update' column corresponds to the date the zip file was uploaded.
- arria10.zip and arria10_model_list_1.4.xls contains the Arria10 IBIS model for the 10AX090*, 10AX115*, 10AT090* and 10AT115* devices.
- arria10_3vio.zip and arria10_3vio_model_list_1.0.xls contains the Arria10 IBIS model for the all devices except10AX090*, 10AX115*, 10AT090* and 10AT115*.
Table 3 shows future IBIS model support for Altera devices. The dates in Table 3 show the earliest date of release. Frequently refer to this page for updates.
Table 2. Altera Device IBIS Model Future Release
|Device Family||Part Number Prefix||Models||Release Date Forecast||Notes|