The Altera ED81xx Power Designer is a downloadable graphical user interface (GUI) designed by Altera using MATLAB to guide the user through the complete design process for step down DC-DC converters using Altera’s ED81xx family of True Digital Controller ICs. To simplify the system design, optimized configuration files are also available to download.
ED8101P0xQI: Digital PWM Controller with PMBus Support
- PMBus support
- Over-current protection
- Input and output over-voltage protection
- Overloaded startup protection
- 2-pin configuration for loop compensation, output voltage, and slew rate
- Operation from a single 5V or 3.3V supply
- 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm x 0.95 mm 24-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® ED8101P0xQI is a true digital single-phase PWM controller for high current, non-isolated DC-DC supplies. It operates as a synchronous step down converter in a single rail and single phase configuration. It supports the PMBus protocol to enable the use of configuration, monitoring, and fault management during operation.
The ED8101P0xQI integrates a digital control loop, optimized for maximum flexibility and stability as well as load step and steady state performance. A robust set of protection and monitoring features is provided as well.