EP5388QI: 800 mA PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 800 mA continuous output current
- Total solution footprint as small as 28 mm2
- High efficiency up to 94%
- Low ripple voltage; 4 mVP-P typical, for RF compatibility
- Fast transient response
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- 3.0 mm x 3.0 mm x 1.1 mm, QFN16 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EP5388QI is an 800 mA point-of-load PowerSoC DC-DC step-down (buck) converter with an integrated inductor that achieves a total solution footprint as small as 28 mm2, without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5388QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a tiny 3 mm x 3 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint enable use of this part when space is at a premium. In addition, this point-of-load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EP5388QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.