EP5382QI: 800 mA PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 800 mA continuous output current
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- Up to 93% peak efficiency
- Excellent transient response and low ripple (<10 mVp-p)
- Requires two multilayer ceramic filter capacitors (MLCC)
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 4.0 mm x 5.0 mm x 1.1 mm package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EP5382QI is an 800 mA DC-DC step-down (buck) converter with integrated inductor that achieves a total solution footprint of only 36 mm2 without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5382QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 5 mm x 4 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, this point-of-load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply.
The EP5382QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider may be employed to set the output voltage.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use. It is pin-compatible with the EP5352QI and the EP5362QI.