EP5352QI: 500 mA PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 500 mA continuous output current
- 2.5V to 5.5V input range
- Up to 93% peak efficiency
- Pin compatible with the EP5362QI (600 mA) and the EP5382QI (800 mA)
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires only two multilayer ceramic filter capacitors (MLCC)
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 4.0 mm x 5.0 mm x 1.1 mm package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EP5352QI 500 mA DC-DC step-down (buck) converter with integrated inductor represents a revolution in low-power switching converters. The total solution footprint is 36 mm2, without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5352QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 5 mm x 4 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint enables the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, this point-of load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EP5352QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use. It is pin compatible with the EP5362QI (600 mA) and the EP5382QI (800 mA) PowerSoC DC-DC step-down converters.