EN6347QA: AEC-Q100 4A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- AEC-Q100 automotive grade qualified
- Integrated inductor
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- 2.5V to 6.6V input range
- 4A continuous output current capability
- 95% peak efficiency
- Pin-compatible with the EN6337QA (3A)
- Light lode mode with programmable set point
- 2% output voltage accuracy over line, load, temp
- Low ripple and electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Clock synchronization to external system clock or other Intel® Enpirion® products
- Output enable and power good signals
- 4.0 mm x 7.0 mm x 1.85 mm QFN38 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel Enpirion EN6347QA AEC-Q100 qualified DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor achieves a power density of 113 W/in2. The total solution footprint is only 75 mm2 while showcasing excellent power efficiency over the entire operating temperature range.
A complete power system-on-a chip (PowerSoC), the EN6347QA integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 4 mm x 7 mm package. The small footprint also enables the use of this part where space is at a premium, but where compromise in efficiency and power supply noise is not permitted.
Unlike discrete power products, this turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified.
The EN6347QA utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user-defined value. In addition, the EN6347QA is pin-to-pin compatible with the EN6337QA (3A) PowerSoC DC-DC step-down converter which provides circuit designers the opportunity to build in design tunability for various load requirements.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power automotive applications that require a small solution footprint, while delivering superb efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.