EN5394QI: 9A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- Outstanding power density
- 2.4V to 6.6V input range
- 93% peak efficiency
- Pin compatible with the EN5364QI (6A)
- Output voltage margining
- 4 MHz operating frequency with the ability to synchronize to an external system clock or other EN5394QIs
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Programmable phase delay for lower input and output voltage ripple
- Master/slave configuration for paralleling up to four EN5394QIs for greater power output
- Precision enable pin for accurate sequencing of power converters
- Power good signal
- 8.0 mm x 11.0 mm x 1.85 mm, QFN68 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5394QI is a 9A DC-DC step-down converter that achieves a total solution footprint of only 190 mm2 without compromising efficiency. It has a unique set of features to facilitate ease of use in systems that are sensitive to beat tones. Requiring as few as seven external components, the EN5394QI allows for easy design while reducing the overall solution cost and simplying the supply chain.
The EN5394QI is a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), integrating the power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 8 mm x 11 mm package. The 1.85 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium.
The EN5394QI utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user defined value. In addition, the EN5394QI is pin compatible with the 6A EN5364QI; therefore if system power requirements should decrease, the transition to the lower power EN5364QI will be seamless.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.