EN5365QI: 6A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 6A continuous output current
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires as few as three multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCC)
- 10.0 mm x 12.0 mm x 1.85 mm, QFN58 package
- Total solution footprint 229 mm2
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5365QI (VID) and the EN5366QI (external divider) 5 MHz DC-DC step-down converters with integrated inductor have a small footprint and the lowest part count, simplifying design. These point-of-load power management ICs are a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC) integrating the controller, loop compensation, gate drive, power switches, and inductor in a 10.0 mm x 12.0 mm x 1.85 mm QFN package.
Type III-compensated voltage-mode control combined with the 5 MHz switching frequency yields excellent transient performance and stability over a wide operating range.
The EN5365QI version utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels. The EN5366QI uses an external voltage divider to set output voltage in the range of 0.75V to 3.3V.
This step-down converter is an excellent choice for FPGA and ASIC power. The enable and power good pins allow for simple sequencing and fault monitoring.