EN5335QI: 3A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 3A continuous output current
- 2.4V to 6.6V input range
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- Excellent transient response & low ripple
- Requires only three multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCC)
- 7.5 mm x 10.0 mm x 1.85 mm, QFN44 package
- Total solution footprint is only 157 mm2
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5335QI (VID) and the EN5336QI (external divider) 5 MHz DC-DC step-down converters with integrated inductor have a small footprint and the lowest part count, simplifying design. These point-of-load power management ICs are complete power systems-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), integrating the controller, loop compensation, gate drive, power switches, and inductor in a 7.5 mm x 10 mm x 1.85 mm QFN package.
Type III-compensated voltage-mode control combined with the 5 MHz switching frequency yields excellent transient performance and stability over a wide operating range.
The EN5335QI version utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels. The EN5336QI uses an external voltage divider to set output voltage in the range of 0.8 V to 3.3 V.
These step-down converters are an excellent choice for FPGA and ASIC power. The enable and power good pins allow for simple sequencing and fault monitoring.