ER3125QI: 36V, 2.5A Step-Down DC-DC Switching Regulator
- 2.5A continuous output current over the industrial temperature range
- Integrated high-side MOSFET and low-side gate driver
- ±1% Voltage regulation accuracy
- Selectable forced PWM or Light Load Mode
- Programmable frequency from 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Frequency synchronization capability
- Comprehensive suite of protections
- Power good signal
- Programmable soft start
- Supports buck and boost-buck operation
- 20-pin 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm x 1.0 mm QFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® ER3125QI is wide VIN, 2.5A synchronous buck or boost-buck switching regulator with integrated high-side MOSFET and low-side gate driver. In buck mode, the ER3125QI supports a wide input range of 3V to 36V. In boost-buck mode, the input range can be extended down to 2.5V and output regulation can be maintained when VPVIN drops below VOUT.
The ER3125QI has a flexible selection of operation modes of forced PWM and light load mode (LLM). In LLM, the quiescent input current is as low as 180 µA (no load, VOUT tied to AVIN). The load boundary between LLM and PWM can be programmed to cover wide applications.
The ER3125QI offers a robust set of current protections as well as comprehensive protections against various faults including overvoltage and over-temperature. The ER3125QI is packaged in a 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm QFN package.