ER2120QI: 2A Step-Down DC-DC Switching Regulator
- 2A continuous output current over the industrial temperature range
- Integrated MOSFETs
- Tight output voltage regulation, ±1% over temperature
- Start-up with a pre-bias load
- Under-voltage detection
- Overtemperature protection
- Power good signal
- Programmable soft start
- 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm x 0.9 mm 24-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® ER2120QI is a synchronous step-down converter with integrated MOSFETs packaged in a 4 mm x 4 mm QFN package. The ER2120QI has a wide input voltage range and can support a continuous 2A load over the industrial temperature range of -40°C to 85°C. Because of the integrated MOSFETs, the ER2120QI delivers a small solution size and will provide more efficient solution than a linear regulator.
The ER2120QI comes with a robust set of features including startup with a pre-bias load, and tight ±1% output voltage regulation over line, load, and temperature. The ER2120QI also comes with many protection features including undervoltage detection, thermal shutdown protection, and overcurrent protection.
The power requirements of todays FPGAs covers a very wide range that is dependant on the FPGA type and utilization. The ER2120QI compliments the Enpirion PowerSoC products by providing a solution that is ideal for high input voltage, low current applications.