The DSP Development Kit, Stratix® III Edition is RoHS compliant and delivers a complete digital signal processing (DSP) development environment. The kit facilitates the entire design process from design conception through hardware implementation. The DSP Development Kit, Stratix III Edition includes the Stratix III FPGA development board, a data conversion high-speed mezzanine card (HSMC), MATLAB/Simulink evaluation software, power supplies, and cables. For further DSP based design productivity, the DSP Builder development tool is available separately.
Table 1 provides the ordering code and pricing information for the DSP Development Kit, Stratix III Edition.
Table 1. DSP Development Kit, Stratix III Edition Ordering Code and Pricing Information
|Ordering Code||Price||Ordering Information|
||In North America, call 1-888-800-0631.
For international sales, contact your local distributor.
Buyer represents that it is a product developer, software developer or system integrator and acknowledges that this product is an evaluation kit that is not FCC authorized, is made available solely for evaluation and software development, and may not be resold.
The DSP Development Kit, Stratix III Edition features:
Stratix III development board (see Figure 1)
- High-performance Stratix III EP3SL150F1152 FPGA
- DDR2 SDRAM and QDR II SRAM
- PSRAM and flash memory
- USB 2.0 MAC/PHY
- Graphics and character LCD displays
- On-board embedded USB-BlasterTM download cable
Data conversion HSMC
- Two 14-bit, 150-million samples per second (MSPS) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- Two 14-bit, 250-MSPS digital-to-analog converters (DACs)
- Audio in/out/mic
Power regulators and data converters
- LTM4601EV: 12-A DC/DC µModule
- LTC3026EDD: 1.5-A low input voltage, very low dropout (VLDO) linear regulator
- LT1761ES5-SD: 100-mA, low-noise, low dropout (LDO) micropower regulators in SOT-23
- LT1374CFE: 4.5-A, 500-kHz step-down switching regulator
- LT1931AES5: 1.2/2.2-MHz inverting DC/DC converters in ThinSOT
- LTC2402CMS: 1/2-channel 24-bit µPower no latency delta-sigma ADC in MSOP-10
- MATLAB/Simulink 30-day evaluation software
Altera developed the specification for the HSMC, which is based on the Samtec mechanical connector, to define and standardize the interface between optional daughter cards and host boards. This specification outlines both the electrical and mechanical properties of the interface between daughter card and host. You can also create your own HSMC interface-compatible daughter cards.
Figure 2 shows the data conversion HSMC.
Table 2. Collateral for the DSP Development Kit, Stratix III Edition
|Data Conversion HSMC Reference Manual (PDF)||Detailed information about the HSMC board components and interfaces.||9.1.2|
|Stratix III 3SL150 Development Board Reference Manual (PDF)||Detailed information about the FPGA board components and interfaces.||9.1.2|
Full installation of all files including reference manual, user guide, quick-start guide, BOM, layout, PCB, schematics, DSP design examples, Nios® II design example, power design example, tutorials, and others.
Full installation of all files including reference manual, user guide, quick-start guide, BOM, layout, PCB, schematics, DSP design examples, Nios II design example, power design example, tutorials, and others. Contents are updated to Quartus® II software version 11.1.